Roads & Public Works
The Public Works Department is responsible for:
- Year-round maintenance and construction of over 270 kilometers of Township roads
- Year-round maintenance and installation of regulatory, warning and 911 signs throughout the municipality
Summer operations include:
- Maintenance of gravel roads (grading, applying dust suppressant and culvert maintenance and installation)
- Maintaining 90 km of hard-top roads (surface treatment, pothole filling and patching)
- Roadside maintenance (grass mowing, brushing and ditching)
Winter operations are mostly snowplowing and sanding in an ongoing effort to keep our six plow routes open and safe. Our routes are set up so that one complete cycle can be done within a five to six hour time period, with priority given to main roads and roads with major hills. Our road system of approximately 270 km doubles to 540 km when snowplowing both directions.
There are strict laws that govern hours of work and hours of driving time, so with limited staff resources, careful planning is required for handling each storm. Depending on the snow storm, higher traffic roads are generally plowed twice.
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Temporary Manager of Public Works
- Email: Jake Condon
Warsaw Public Works Building
- 1422 County Road 4
- Phone: (705) 652-8402
NEW! After Hours Public Works Emergency Number
- (705) 926-0214
COVID-19 – Changes to Waste Disposal: Changes to both curbside and transfer station waste disposal can be found at the Hall’s Glen Transfer Station web page.