Home » Services & Departments » Building & Planning » Building Permits & Fees

Prior to Building Permit Issuance it must be shown that you are in compliance with any other Agency that may have a jurisdiction with respect to the proposal. This could be any of the following:


Otonabee Region Conservation Authority (ORCA) – Telephone: (705) 745-5791

250 Milroy Drive, Peterborough, ON K9H 7M9

Permits are required within regulated areas for:

  • Minor filing
  • Minor construction – accessory buildings such as boathouse, garages
  • Major construction – dwellings, additions
  • Basements, crawlspaces

Township Public Works – Harold Nelson – Telephone: (705) 652-8402

County Roads Department – Kendra Reid – Telephone: (705) 775-2737 x 3202

Trent Severn Waterways – Telephone: (705) 742-9267

A permit is required for any ‘in water’ work (docks, boathouses, retaining walls). This refers to new construction as well as repairs to existing facilities.

Please contact the Township office with any questions regarding Agency jurisdiction.

Application for a Permit to Construct or Demolish (pdf – 252KB)

Building Department Information Package (pdf – 458KB)

Application Guide for Sewage Systems (pdf – 110KB)

Authorization to Act as Agent (pdf – 98KB)

By-law 2019-36 – 2019 Building Permit Fees (pdf – 78KB)

Energy Efficiency Design Summary (Prescriptive) (pdf – 276KB)*

Energy Efficiency Design Summary (Performance) (pdf – 350KB)*

Tax Certificate and Zoning Request Form (pdf – 125KB)

Entrance Permit Application (pdf – 166KB)

* The Building Permit Application Form and Energy Efficiency Design Summaries can be filled, signed and sent electronically which requires a the use of a digital signature. These forms can also be filled electronically and signed by hand, or be entirely filled by hand.

Development Fees

Development Charges Brochure (pdf 163KB)

Douro-Dummer Development Charges Study 2019 (pdf – 239KB)

Douro-Dummer Development Charges 2019 Workbook (pdf – 542KB)

Douro-Dummer Development Charges By-law (pdf – 189KB)