From the Peterborough Public Health website:
All dogs and cats over the age of three (3) months must be immunized against rabies. These same animals must be re-immunized in accordance with the date prescribed in the certificate of immunization issued. This is in an effort to reduce human exposure to the rabies virus.
Peterborough Public Health, in co-operation with local veterinarians, is again sponsoring low-cost rabies clinics in our area for dogs and cats.
Saturday, May 4, 2019 from 12 noon – 2:00 p.m.
- Millbrook Valley Animal Hospital, 3 Queen Street, Millbrook
- Peterborough West Animal Hospital, 2605 Stewart Line, Cavan-Monaghan
- Public Works Garage, 435 Douro 4th Line, Douro
- Warsaw Fire Hall, 910 Water Street, Warsaw
- Highway 7 Veterinary Hospital, 25 Ottawa Street East, Havelock
- North Kawartha Community Centre, 340 McFadden Road, Apsley
- Brealey Drive Animal Clinic, 1789 Stenson Blvd.
- Burnham Mansion Veterinary Services, 2235 Keene Road
- High Street Animal Hospital, 815 High Street, Unit 7A
- Jackson Creek Veterinary Services, 1140 Parkhill Road West
- Parkhill Animal Hospital, 1535 Chemong Road
- Peterborough Humane Society, 385 Lansdowne Street East (1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)*
- Peterborough Pet Hospital, 379 Lansdowne Street East
- Peterborough Veterinary Services, 720 The Kingsway
- Champlain Animal Hospital, 2673 Lakefield Road, Peterborough
- Selwyn Fire Hall, 801 Tara Road, Ennismore
- Village Animal Hospital, 108 Queen Street, Lakefield
- Buckhorn Works Department, 8 Melody Road, Buckhorn
- Galway Fire Hall, 569 Galway Road, Kinmount
*The Peterborough Humane Society is offering 3 Low Cost Rabies clinics on the following dates:
- Saturday, May 4, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 5, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 24, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
*$30.00 per animal – Cash only
All dogs must be on leashes and cats restrained.
For more information please contact Peterborough Public Health (705) 743-1000 x 232.