New Program Launch – Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program
This new program is to help meet the dental needs of low income seniors in Ontario. In Peterborough City and County this program will be delivered by Peterborough Public Health, in the Community Dental Health Clinic located at 185 King Street, Peterborough.
In order to be eligible, a person must:
• Be a resident of Ontario
• Be age 65 or older
• Have an annual net income of $19,300 or less for a single person, or a combined annual net income of $32,300 or less for a couple
• Have no access to any other form of dental benefits (e.g., private insurance or other government program)
Individuals can fill out an application form online at www.Ontario.ca/SeniorsDental and call the OSDCP’s bilingual (English/French) contact centre for questions and support through the application process.
An application form is also attached to this e-mail. It can be printed, completed and mailed in. Applicants may also visit Peterborough Public Health to pick up an application form and/or to get support with completing an application.
For more details on eligibility for the program, how to enrol, and what dental services will be covered under this program;
• Visit www.Ontario.ca/SeniorsDental
• Visit www.peterboroughpublichealth.ca
• Or call Peterborough Public Health at 705-743-1000 Ext. 321.
Hard copies of brochures, posters and application forms should soon be available to order through the Service Ontario publications page or toll free through their Contact Centre at 1-800-668-9938.