Hall’s Glen Transfer Station
1951 County Road 6 at Hall’s Glen
Intersection of County Road 6 and Fourth Line Road Dummer
Hours of Operation
May 1 to October 31 (Summer Hours):
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday – 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Closed Tuesday and Thursday
November 1 to April 30 (Fall, Winter, Spring Hours):
- Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday – 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
CLEAR GARBAGE BAG PROGRAM
- Both curbside collection and transfer station drop-offs must be made using clear garbage bags.
- Garbage bags may not contain any recyclable, compostable, or hazardous materials. These materials must instead be directed toward the appropriate recycling, composting, or hazardous material program.
- One (1) privacy bag is allowed in each clear bag to conceal items that residents wish to keep private.
Bags not conforming to these requirements will not be collected after the start date. Residents and businesses are encouraged to use up their opaque garbage bags before the start date. The Township of Douro-Dummer is alerting local retailers about the Clear Garbage Bag Program so that clear garbage bags will be readily available.
To handle compostable material, Composters (pdf – 240KB) and Digesters (pdf – 212KB) are available for sale from both the County of Peterborough and the Township of Douro-Dummer. Inexpensive Do-It-Yourself compost bins (pdf – 714KB) can also be made from readily available materials. You can help speed up the composting process by following tips found here (819KB).
A list of Frequently Asked Questions (pdf – 331KB) *updated January 17th, 2018* is also available, this list changes as new questions are asked so please check back periodically. If you have more questions or need clarification please let us know!
More information will be posted as it becomes available. Please contact us if you have any questions!
Environment Days 2018
Environment Days are open to all County Residents. Please visit the event that best fits your schedule and recycling needs.
Note: No out of township garbage will be accepted at the events.
Township of Douro-Dummer: Saturday, May 26, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Hall’s Glen Tranfser Station, 1951 County Road 6, Douro-Dummer
One Day Only Recycling of:
• Documents – on site secure paper shredding
• Styrofoam Pieces – no plates, cups, meat trays or insulation
• Hard Cover Books (we will remove the covers)
• Household Hazardous Waste
• Textiles in poor condition – ripped and worn items are acceptable, please ensure they are clean and dry
• Media – CDs/DVDs, VHS and Audio cassettes
• Bulky plastics
– Remove non-plastic parts
– No Pipe
– Nothing off a house
– Nothing off a car
– No all black items (eg composter)
• Child Car Seats – Infant, toddler and booster seats
Compost samples will be available; to pick up a sample please bring a bucket.
*Additional 2018 Dates for Household Hazardous Waste, Media, and Child Car Seats will be announced as they become known.
Available All Summer:
• Electronics and electrical recycling – accepting any item that could be plugged in, be run by a battery or solar power
• Re-usable textiles drop-off
• Compost (organics) drop-off
• Bluebox recycling materials drop-off
• Motor oil drop-off
• Battery drop-off
Materials weighing less than 30 lbs. (13.6 kg.) $3.00
Materials weighing more than 30 lbs. (13.6 kg.) $95.00 per tonne
Appliances containing Freon $15.00 surcharge (in addition to per tonne rate)
Replacement Transfer Station Card $25.00
Mattresses $23.00 each
Box Springs $23.00 each
Bag Tags (each) $3.00
*All decisions by the Transfer Station Attendant are final in all determination of tipping fees.
*Contractors must transport their waste to the Bensfort Landfill Site and pay their applicable tipping fees.
As of September 1, 2009 there are no longer tipping fees collected for tires at the Halls Glen Transfer Station (tires with rims will not be accepted).
Waste materials include everything brought to the site for disposal, except for: shingles, drywall, recyclable materials, garbage bags with tags affixed thereto, and those other items specifically listed above.
Shingles and drywall can be taken to M & M Disposal’s transfer station at 348 County Road 6. M & M Disposal’s site is open 7am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
All waste must be separated. Failure to use clear bags and separate waste will result in denial of access to the site.
Applicable fees for individual items will be charged in addition to the per tonne rate. For example: rates for furniture, appliances, tires on rims, and propane tanks will be charged as well as the per tonne rate for the balance of the load.