Hall’s Glen Transfer Station
1951 County Road 6 at Hall’s Glen
Intersection of County Road 6 and Fourth Line Road Dummer
Hours of Operation
May 1 to October 31 (Summer Hours):
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday – 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Closed Tuesday and Thursday
November 1 to April 30 (Fall, Winter, Spring Hours):
- Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday – 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
CLEAR GARBAGE BAG PROGRAM
Starting January 2nd, 2018, the Township of Douro-Dummer will be implementing a Clear Garbage Bag Program. Important details about this program include:
- Both curbside collection and transfer station drop-offs must be made using clear garbage bags.
- Garbage bags may not contain any recyclable, compostable, or hazardous materials. These materials must instead be directed toward the appropriate recycling, composting, or hazardous material program.
- One (1) privacy bag is allowed in each clear bag to conceal personal items.
Bags not conforming to these requirements will not be collected after the start date. Residents and businesses are encouraged to use up their opaque garbage bags before the start date. The Township of Douro-Dummer is alerting local retailers about the Clear Garbage Bag Program so that clear garbage bags will be readily available.
The Clear Bag Townhall Meeting will take place November 16th, 2017 between 6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. at the Townhall in the Hamlet of Warsaw. Residents and business owners are encouraged to join us for this family friendly event to ask questions about the new Clear Garbage Bag Program, the associated Garbage By-Law, and clarify where specific materials can be disposed of.
More information will be posted as it becomes available. Please contact us if you have any questions!
Environment Days 2017
Environment Days are open to all County Residents. Please visit the event that best fits your schedule and recycling needs.
Note: No out of township garbage will be accepted at the events.
Township of Douro-Dummer: May 27, 10am-2pm
Hall’s Glen Tranfser Station, 1951 County Road 6, Douro-Dummer
One Day Only Recycling of:
• Documents – on site secure paper shredding
• Styrofoam Pieces – no plates, cups, meat trays or insulation
• Hard Cover Books (we will remove the covers)
• Household Hazardous Waste
• Media – CDs/DVDs, VHS and Audio cassettes
• Child Car Seats – Infant, toddler and booster seats
Compost samples will be available; to pick up a sample please bring a bucket.
*Additional 2017 Dates for Household Hazardous Waste, Media, and Child Car Seats are:
• August 19, 10am-2pm
• October 14, 10am-2pm
Available All Summer:
• Hard Bulky Plastic
– Remove non-plastic parts
– No Pipe
– Nothing off a house
– Nothing off a car
– No all black items (eg composter)
Materials weighing less than 30 lbs. (13.6 kg.) $3.00
Materials weighing more than 30 lbs. (13.6 kg.) $95.00 per tonne
Appliances containing Freon $15.00 surcharge (in addition to per tonne rate)
Replacement Transfer Station Card $25.00
Mattresses $23.00 each
Box Springs $23.00 each
Bag Tags (each) $3.00
*All decisions by the Transfer Station Attendant are final in all determination of tipping fees.
*Contractors must transport their waste to the Bensfort Landfill Site and pay their applicable tipping fees.
As of September 1, 2009 there are no longer tipping fees collected for tires at the Halls Glen Transfer Station (tires with rims will not be accepted).
Waste materials include everything brought to the site for disposal, except for: shingles, drywall, recyclable materials, garbage bags with tags affixed thereto, and those other items specifically listed above.
Shingles and drywall can be taken to M & M Disposal’s transfer station at 348 County Road 6. M & M Disposal’s site is open 7am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
All waste must be separated. Failure to separate will result in denial of access to the site or double the normal tipping fee will be charged.
Applicable fees for individual items will be charged in addition to the per tonne rate. For example: rates for furniture, appliances, tires on rims, and propane tanks will be charged as well as the per tonne rate for the balance of the load.