Prior to Building Permit Issuance it must be shown that you are in compliance with any other Agency that may have a jurisdiction with respect to the proposal. This could be any of the following:
The Peterborough County City Health Unit – Telephone: (705) 743-1000
185 King Street, Peterborough, ON K9J 2R8 – Brad Clarke or Kathleen Sheperd
Heath Unit Approval is required when:
- The number of bedrooms, bathrooms or kitchen facilities are being increased,
- An addition of any type is more than 15% of the existing floor area,
- A major renovation or change of occupancy is proposed
- When the municipality does not have sufficient information on an existing septic system
- It appears that the construction will result in being closer than 5 ft. to a tank or 17 ft. to a septic bed
Otonabee Region Conservation Authority (ORCA) – Telephone: (705) 745-5791
250 Milroy Drive, Peterborough, ON K9H 7M9
Permits are required within regulated areas for:
- Minor filing
- Minor construction – accessory buildings such as boathouse, garages
- Major construction – dwellings, additions
- Basements, crawlspaces
Township Public Works – Harold Nelson – Telephone: (705) 652-8402
County Roads Department – Kendra Reid – Telephone: (705) 775-2737 x 3202
Trent Severn Waterways – Telephone: (705) 742-9267
A permit is required for any ‘in water’ work (docks, boathouses, retaining walls). This refers to new construction as well as repairs to existing facilities.
Please contact the Township office with any questions regarding Agency jurisdiction.
* The Building Permit Application Form and Energy Efficiency Design Summaries can be filled, signed and sent electronically which requires a the use of a digital signature. These forms can also be filled electronically and signed by hand, or be entirely filled by hand.