The Halls Glen Transfer Station will partially re-open to Douro-Dummer residents starting May 6, 2020. Despite the re-opening, residents are still encouraged to use curbside waste collection as much as possible.
The partial re-opening of the Transfer Station comes with additional measures to protect residents and staff. Residents are expected to maintain physical distancing measures and follow the direction of Transfer Station staff at all times.
Only one vehicle at a time will be allowed in the Transfer Station and residents are expected to remain in their vehicles while waiting for access.
Only bagged garbage, loose blue box material and food waste are accepted at this time – no exceptions. Payment for garbage disposal is limited to debit only ($3.00 per bag of garbage).
Regular waste disposal rules still apply:
• Clear bags are required for garbage disposal – each bag is limited to 0.06 cubic metres (2 cubic feet) and 18.1 kg (40 lbs)
• Blue box material needs to be sorted appropriately (containers vs. fibres)
• Only food waste allowed in the Moloks (no yard waste, packaging or bags of any kind)
The partial re-opening coincides with the start of summer hours at the Halls Glen Transfer Station:
• Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
• Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Residents can expect delays when visiting the Transfer Station due to the extra precautionary measures. The Township of Douro-Dummer thanks the residents for their patience and co-operation.
For more information, please contact:
Martina Chait-Hartwig, Temporary C.A.O.
Township of Douro-Dummer
(705) 652-8392 x 210
E-mail M. Chait-Hartwig