The Township of Douro-Dummer is requesting a Request for Proposal to update its Five (5) Year Road Management Plan in 2017, as well as add information relevant to our PSAB asset inventory system.
Proposal details can be read here: Request for Proposal T-2017-02 Road Management Plan (PDF – 241KB)
The following questions were asked regarding the Township of Douro-Dummer’s Road Management Plan, T-2017-02 which we wanted to share with everyone that received the RFP.
1. Will the successful proponent receive excel sheets and working files to move forward with, or will we have to start from scratch?
Yes. All of the information is in excel and the successful proponent will receive this information.
2. Will the successful proponent have to inspect all culverts to obtain diameter, length, material, GPS location, condition, and replacement cost? ie. only the count was obtained by the Township? Were they somewhat located for us to find?
No. There are a few sections where information is missing and only these culverts will need to be obtained – diameter, length, type, GPS coordinates, condition rating and replacement cost. We know the year that these culverts were installed and the road sections.
3. Will the successful proponent have to inspect all signs to obtain GPS Location, condition, and replacement cost? ie. only the count and type was obtained by the Township?
We have a master list (in excel) from our retro-reflectivity that will be given to the successful proponent. We would be looking for a total replacement cost and a yearly budget for replacement.
4. I trust no subsurface geotechnical investigation is required for this project. ie. investigation of composition of road base is not required. Upon completion of surface inspections; is it satisfactory to simply recommend an improvement plan and provide a per kilometer construction cost estimate & year expenditure forecast?
Correct, no geotechnical investigation is required. Yes the road management plan is to include: recommend an improvement plan and provide a per kilometer construction cost estimate & year expenditure forecast. Also, to look at the Township’s 10 year road plan in conjunction with these recommendations.
5. Could you elaborate on “2 existing storm drainage systems”? Where and What?
There are two small systems located in the village of Warsaw and these were included in the last road needs study. We would like these to be included and given information on their current condition (visually observed and providing adequate drainage).
6. As mentioned in the RFP, could you provide me with a copy of the existing road management plan, either by email or mail?
The existing road management plan can be viewed at a prearranged date/time at the Municipal Office in Warsaw.