In the coming weeks, Parks Canada will be conducting spring maintenance at some of our swing bridges and sites along the Trent-Severn Waterway, in preparation for the 2017 navigation season. This included preventative maintenance tasks like washing and greasing swing bridges and conducting visual inspections to ensure their safe operability.
Parks Canada advises residents and visitors of the following temporary bridge closures for regular spring maintenance, weather permitting:
- May 2, 2017 – Warsaw Road Swing Bridge (Peterborough) – 9:00 a.m. – 2: 30 p.m.
- May 3, 2017 – Maria Street Bridge (Peterborough) – 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- May 4, 2017 McFarlane Stree Bridge (Peterborough) – 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Seasonal maintenance on certain bridges that cross the Trent-Severn Waterway will not result in closure, but vehicles may experience short delays of about ten minutes:
April 10 to mid-May (2017)
- Brighton Road Swing Bridge
- Carrying Place Swing Bridge
- Glen Ross Swing Bridge
- Ranney Falls Swing Bridge (Campbellford)
- Hastings Swing Bridge
- Bobcaygeon Swing Bridge
- Bolsover Swing Bridge
- Boundary Road Swing Bridge
- Lakeshore Road Swing Bridge
- Couchiching Bridge
- Hamlet Swing Bridge (on Canning Road near Washago)
- Port Severn Swing Bridge.
Motorists are invited to plan their routes accordingly in order to avoid delays. To accommodate school bus traffic, efforts will be made to keep delays between 9:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Parks Canada wishes to thank bridge users for their patience during the maintenance period.
For more information about the Trent-Severn Waterway, visit Parks Canada or follow them on Facebook and Twitter @TrentSevernNHS
Public Relations and Communications Officer